Fashion is a fast-paced world, where style rules and strategy counts!
Every season, designers show their latest creations, looks that eventually make it from runways to store racks all over the world. It's the job of the merchandise manager to choose the best of these looks and trends, mixing and matching colors, sizes, and silhouettes to give customers what they want at a price they're willing to pay. It's a challenging and rewarding career that combines creative skills and analytical thinking. Fashion business management is where fashion meets business.
Instructed by experienced industry professionals, you'll have the opportunity to learn real-world skills beyond the classroom by visiting showrooms, specialty shops, and buying offices throughout the city. Internships and capstone classes provide additional firsthand experience and networking opportunities.
Working individually and in teams, you'll study fashion marketing, product development, planning, and fashion management. You'll master the skills needed in global retail operations and management, and learn how to combine your sense of style with business acumen.
• Fashion Business Management at FIT is the largest and oldest degree program of its kind in the USA.
• An advisory board of industry executives ensures that the program reflects current standards and practices in the field.
• The programs close ties to industry and alumni offer extensive networking opportunities.
• The International Fashion Business Management Program in Florence and New York—the only one of its kind—allows students to take one year of their bachelor's program at FIT and one year at the Polimoda International Institute of Fashion Design and Marketing in Italy.
• Students win industry scholarships.